Monday, May 11, 2009

A bug up his butt

So John keeps noticing this red bird in the yard. He ~thinks~ it's a cardinal & he's determined to get a picture of it just so he can see if that's what it is. So the one night he sees it in the yard flying between my car & then over to the neighbor's fence. After it flew in to the tree he decided to go outside with the camera & get a picture of that red bird (yup, it was a cardinal).

Mother's Day... what a wonderful day to enjoy with my beautiful daughter & loving husband. Not only with the loves of my life but our families too. I got a collage frame from John & Delilah of pics with me & Delilah. The center pic is just of her. I also got a bag of chocolate :-D And of course, a lovely card from Delilah and one from John. From my mom I got a lovely card, a candle (yum!) and a double 5x7 picture frame. From my grandma a card & $$ and from my brother a card.

For my mom we got two cards (one from us & one from Delilah), a photo book from Delilah & I with pics of mom & Delilah and grandma quotes, a grammy bracelet & a pair of earrings... both of which I made.

For my grandma we got a card from Delilah, a photo book of Delilah with some pics of her & Delilah and grandma quotes, and a pair of earrings I made.

My bestest best friend/sister (she might as well be!) Ashley got me the bestest gifts ever. One is a poster print of 3 pics on the left side & 1 on the right side of Delilah and I from the 6 month photo shoot. Also, she made a mini-scrapbook of the boys & I that is just so special & precious. I also got a lovely (I'm liking that word today) card from her and one from the boys as well.

There is nothing better in this world than God's gift of children. I will cherish always the daughter I was blessed with. Every smile, every tear, every easy day, every hard day... every everyday.

That danged cardinal

Pre Mother's Day at Pappy's & Grandma Sandy's



Mother's Day at Grammy & Pappy Hans'- I love this face!

Playing with mom before bed

3 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

Glad you had a happy Mother's Day too!!

You are not going to believe this but I swear I was going to post a pic of our new bird and squirrel friend! Kevin put up a squirrel and bird feeder and now we have new friends! lol I'll post pics and a funny video of our dog and the squirrel soon!

Mom said...

This Mother's Day was perfect...spending it with all our loved ones.

Ashley Rawlings said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful 1st Mother's Day!

Thank you again tons for the bracelet... I adore it!