Thursday, May 28, 2009

Spongebob... Boogerhead???

Ok so this isn't about Spongebob but in fact about our boogerhead. Yes, that's Delilah. Yesterday when she woke up from her nap John saw what he at first thought was goop. It actually turned out to be a boogie!! And daddy took pictures (which I ~am~ going to share).

Delilah also got a chance to feed herself yesterday... as you can imagine it didn't go overly well. Mommy got home from work for her lunch break to find quite the mess on Delilah's highchair tray that Daddy was in the process of cleaning up.

Delilah was making the most humerous faces yesterday at lunch. She looked like a toothless little old lady the way she was sucking her lips in. She also has another face that mimicks the lip but is actually in good fun & does ~not~ mean sadness is on the way.

Last night after her bath I was drying her hair (which she does ~not~ like!) & when I pull the towel away she had a mohawk! Of course I had John take a picture :-D

I swear Delilah just gets bigger & bigger, faster & faster... she's been trying to crawl & today made an advancement on the attempt. Literally. She was up on her knees and brought one knee forward. Usually at that point she ends up letting her legs flop out from under her but this time she brought the other knee forward. Along with crawling she was an immense urge to stand. She'll put both of her hands on my knees to try to get up & I'll take her hands & raise them up. This allows her to stand herself up.

Today I was sitting on the floor with her holding her up to her gumball machine. She takes ahold of the gumball machine & is standing at it all by herself. No help from mom (well except to hold the gumball machine in place so it doesn't slide out from her grasp). She lets go of the gumball machine & tries to take a step toward her sound stage!! Good thing I was there to catch her. A little later we were at her sound stage. She was sitting on my legs & she reaches up on both sides of the sound stage and pulled herself up to it!! Again, no help from mom. She is such a big girl.

Like Auntie Ashley said- it won't be long before she's running around chasing after the boys!!

Boogers!!

Look what I can do!




Babyhawk!!


4 comments:

Ashley Rawlings said...

I can't believe how fast she's growing. She sure will be chasing after the boys soon... and hopefully Landon (the boy of her dreams) hehe.

After the poop post and the booger post I'm about ready to get you back with a "Shawn pooping on the potty" picture :D hehe.

Mom said...

It's amazing how different Delilah looks in every picture (depending on what face she's making).

Get ready, get set, go Mom and Dad, because before you know it, you'll be chasing her all over the place. Oh, what fun is in store for you (and us). Can't wait to see her tomorrow!

Lauren said...

I love all the pictures!! She is one of the 3 cutest girls around!! You know she's up there with my girls ;) Not like I am biased or anything!

That's awesome she is pulling her self up!! The girls try to do that too but they always stand on their tip toes. I have placed them flat-footed but they go right back to the tip toes!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mom about how different she looks in every pic ! She is beautiful ! :)