Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Enough is enough

For John & I this whole thing, which happened over the smallest thing but apparently was coming anyway because no one liked me from the beginning, has been over. We did ~nothing~ wrong but stand up for our beliefs to the way we should parent Delilah. No John didn't say anything & yes, he should have. But like Mary said- he could have if "he weren't afraid to". All of this bullshit over me contacting the person who gave Delilah icing & her not being grown up enough to address it with ME. And yes I did move the blog. Why? Because that blog is for DELILAH. For us to share the happiness in her life & the pictures that we took to share with our family & friends. Not for people to come on & attack us and the way we choose to raise our daughter. No I didn't want her to have icing- does that make it wrong for other people to give their children icing? Absolutely not. BUT this is OUR choice. OUR parenting choice & no one elses decision. NO ONE elses influence. Why when I can respect the parenting choices of others- even if I don't agree with them- the same can't be done for us?

I don't want Delilah kept from anyone- I'm not that kind of person. But you will not say things about my daughter, me or my husband and expect things to be ok. I was attacked for having the guts to stand up to my SIL & MIL. But apparently this has been a long time coming. All of my ILs haven't liked me from the beginning even though I never did one damn thing wrong. O wait, yes I did. I was different & I showed John, unbeknownst to me, that he could be himself. I never made him do anything- I only encouraged him when he wanted to come out of his shell.

I won't be that daughter-in-law who will keep her child from their paternal grandparents. But you won't see John, me or Delilah until you apologize for the wrongs you have bestowed upon us.

This is done- it's over. Do not comment. We don't want any calls from anyone else sticking their noses where they don't belong. The only people we expect anything from is Mary & Bill. If you want to apologize you know where we live.

No comments: