Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday... to Shawn!!

Today my best's friend first born is a big ol' 3 years young! It hasn't been that great of a birthday for him because the poor guy hasn't been feeling well the entire day. He didn't even wanna swim or play at the pool! This is a rarity for this kiddo 'cause he is a water wizard :-D Happy 3rd Birthday kiddo!!

Ahh yes... the pool... we met Ashley & Shawn today at the Mifflinburg pool. It didn't go over very well. We couldn't put Delilah in her floaty thing because she cried so I had to hold her the entire time (I don't mind because that means I get lots of snuggle time!). However we have a little problem with the pool- Delilah now does not like the bath tub. Last night John went to give Delilah a bath & she started crying. We thought maybe it was because I wasn't home to give her a bath with him but we discovered that this was not the case. Tonight when we went to give her a bath- since last night was a bust- I went to place her in the tub & she started crying. I picked her up & comforted her. Then tried to put her back in. That wasn't working. So we got her infant tub & put that in the tub filling it with water. That too was not working. I ended up having to get in with her & hold her under the shower head while John washed her. Poor baby. I'm not sure what to do because we can't not take her to the pool as she won't get used to it. But we also can't have bath time go this way either.

Pet peeves- you name them, I got them. Lots of them. A big one I have is when someone thinks it's ok to just give your child food without asking permission. I mean what are they thinking when they do this? You don't give anything to anyone's kid without asking permission. For us there are foods you just don't give at certain ages & stages, there's the possibility of food allergies if a food is given too early, there's personal preference as to what you want to feed your child. Another thing that really bothers me about this whole subject is if the food given would've been a first. There's nothing more special than any type of first a parent witnesses with their child. It creates memories & once that's gone you don't get that first back. Regardless of whether or not that child remembers it it was still a first for the parent & it was taken away. It is plain rude & inconsiderate to just assume you can give someone's child something without asking permission. I don't care how anyone else parents, what anyone else thinks is right for their kids, how anyone else does whatever they do when raising their child, or what they think of how we've decided to raise ours. I will raise ~my~ daughter how I think is best & by what I feel is right because I am her mother.

5 comments:

Ashley Rawlings said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes for Shawn (and for being there for us today to watch kiddos for our hectic day.) Sorry the pool didnt go better... both with Delilah and Shawn not feeling well.

As for the pet peeve... I 110% agree with you... NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE give my child something with out my permission. Who would have the nerve to do something like that... and to take away a special first that is to be shared between you and the child YOU gave birth to. Some people have no tact! I'm sorry for what was ruined for you... (((hugs)))

Future Marks Family said...

Omg i agree with your pet peeve. Sorry that happen to you. Maybe Delilah will get off the fear of the water. She is like her boyfriend. lol. Glad you are there for Ashley. Your a great friend to her.

Anonymous said...

this is the grandmother who gave the baby a qtip size of icing like I gave lots of kids especially all my grandkids I have babysat 4 of them since birth and have never had a problem. The father was there my son who can speak for himself if he wasnt afraid to. Why did you e mail my daughter you could have called me but if you like everthing p[osted on the computer fine with me . You should also post that the bA=ABY WILL NOT TAKE A BOTTLE OR ANYTHING ELSE AND YOU WERE GONE ALLDAY WITH NOTHING FOR MY GRANDCHILD TO DRINK. IRRITATED GRANDMOTHER

Anonymous said...

I have sat all day and had this blog run through my mind.
There are a few points that Elizabeth has left out in this.
I'm sure it was nice to go away with your girlfriend all day, however, why wouldn't you want to share the special day of your nephews birthday with your family? I'm sure you would want Delilahs aunts and uncles to be there to celebrate her birthday, however, i know they wouldn't miss it for the world.
Being said that you were gone while all this happened, John (the father) was there while this was going on. Why didn't he stop them? Why didn't he tell them that they shouldn't be doing it?
All I have read is that you are her mother, and I'm sure EVERYONE gets that, but why is there never anything mentioned that her father was there, or that plain out, she has a father??????
Its understandable that you didn't want her to have icing. But then again, you could have been there. My advice to you is, you and her father, need to decide what size of bubble to buy her for when she goes to school??

John (The Father) said...

First of all Liz had planned that bus trip to Atlantic City months before the birthday party. As far as me not saying anything to stop them from giving her icing, I did not have a chance to stop it, was done behind my back. I in fact stay home with Delilah everyday when Liz goes to work so I'd say that yes, she does have a father, and I have more influence on her than Liz does at this point since I am with her more right now. Apparently it's gonna have to be a pretty big fucking bubble. This is just ridiculous that anyone else had to hear about it except for the people that were involved. Any other comments left on this matter will be deleted. I'm not the fighting kind of person, so this is done right now.