Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Puffy Fun

Ok so I've been lacking on the blogging but I've had no motivation... *sigh* Although there are fun things to talk about!

Saturday John, Delilah & I headed off to T&D's with Ashley, Shawn & Landon. It was soo fun! We got to see monkeys, feed deer, feed an emu (which Ashley got pecked by when it was taking the food from her LoL), see lions, and tigers and bears! O my!! Prior to we went to Old Turnpike for lunch where Delilah tried her very first puffy!! Banana flavored- yum!! She also tried some orange, had some more lemon, and tried some baked bean juice & sweet corn. Now let me make it clear that we're not in the habit of giving Delilah table foods like that but hey, it was a day for adventure.

Sunday was Shawn & Landon's birthday party. It was super fun- we had great food, got to make banana splits & the best part of all was getting to share the day with the kiddos. I was so super excited to give Shawn & Landon their gifts... we got Shawn the Wonderpets flyboat, Wonderpets 3-D viewer reels, & playdough. We got Landon a fisher-price laugh n learn tool set thingy & a little tykes hammer toy that makes noise since he likes to bang on stuff :-D

Sunday afternoon/early evening John & I returned from Walmart and decided to sit out in the grass with Delilah. This was not a first for her but it might as well have been! I sat down on the ground with her & placed her feet in the grass. The lip came out & the tears started flowing. I could not put her down in it! We kinda think it's because of the pool experience- the grass was cold too which probably reminded her of the water.

Yesterday was another great first for Delilah- she fed herself a puffy with no help from Dad!! She did it again today- my big girl!!

Pictures!!

T&D's




Not quite first grass experience

Who does Delilah look like? Daddy!! Look at those faces!


2 comments:

Ashley Rawlings said...

Ohhh Myyy Gosshhh! I LOVE those 1st grass experience pictures... too precious!!!

Thank you both again so much for coming over to celebrate Landon's birthday tonight and for ALL of your help at the party... i can't say it enough, we dont know what we'd do w/o you guys!

Mom said...

Yay, thanks for the update. Love the pics (and the commentary) too of course.