Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The whole situation beginning with the blog below got ridiculously blown out of proportion. All because of our parenting choices. If you can't accept the way we choose to raise our daughter you can't be a part of her life. Saying to us that she is a miserable child is insulting. You haven't seen her here in her own environment- or at her maternal grandparents' or Aunt & Uncle's. She is the happiest, most perfect little girl. How dare anyone ever say to me or John that she is "weird" because we don't conform & force things upon her that she has no interest in.

You don't know John... you don't know me... and you certainly don't know Delilah. You all are losing out on knowing her- we're not losing out on anything. We will take from this & grow. We both know that we did nothing wrong on our part & no one is going to make us feel like we did.

6 comments:

Ashley Rawlings said...

As the "Aunt" of Delilah I had NOTHING in this other than the day you came over to my house quite upset and vented to me about the situation. You are my best friend, so of course I was there to listen. I would say that most people agree that it is NOT ok to feed someones baby without the parent's permission(especially something like icing!) I have even asked a few others about the "scenario" and not one said anything about it being appropriate to give a baby something without a parent's permission. I left you a comment with my personal response to the situation, and I get a very distasteful and vulgar message on myspace.

This is clearly their loss... With the filth that has come out of their mouths... Delilah doesn't need such trash surrounding her. And anyone who would call Delilah's mother those horrible things ought to be ashamed. You and John are wonderful parents... your FAMILY knows that.

Future Marks Family said...

What is up with grandparents and parent. I would never give something to another persons child without it being ok with the parent. I think you are a wonderful mother and i didnt see Delilah unhappy at Shawns and Landons birthday party.

Morgan Owens said...

Whoops, did I accidentally walk into the Jerry Springer show?

I'll email you Liz..SMILE..i love you! :) Delilah loves her mommy too and she knows you and her daddy just want what's best for her! I can definately tell from pics and videos she is a VERY happy child and you and John are VERY wonderful parents.

I wanted to stay out of it because I know how family drama goes but I just wanted you and John to know you are NOT being unreasonable and you are indeed GREAT parents.

Lauren said...

Awww Liz :( I hope things get better. But don't think for one second that you have to defend yourself to ANYONE. Even if you were over-reacting (which you are DEFINITELY not) it doesn't matter. You are her mother and no one else other than her daddy gets to make decisions about what she eats, does, or anything else.

Grandparents tend to feel like they are entitled to do what they want with their grandkids. I had to have this talk with my mom after she gave my girls a little pinch of baked potato when they were 4 months. I hadn't even given them cereal yet and she robbed me of the chance to feed MY children their first food. Unfortunately, this happens a lot.

Just know that everyone, except the guilty party, agrees with you. You are not in the wrong here! It's not fair for people to take liberties with our children, without considering our wishes and concerns.

Sorry this got so long....

Ashley Rawlings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John said...

No, I don't feel like I am the one being hurt here, I am the happiest now than I have ever been in my life. The only thing that upsets me is that people think Delilah is unhappy.I just don't get how anyone could say that of her... I do love my family, and I don't see what any of that even has to do with this situation. Me choosing to be with Liz has absolutely nothing to do with me being happy with the family. I am in absolutely no way a selfish person, I can't believe that anyone, especially someone in my own family would call me selfish. If you see me and Liz as selfish people then no, you don't really know us at all. As far as me giving the other kids cake, I guess it is just different with my own daughter, and I am just trying to raise her the best I can. If that means Liz and I do things a little differently does not mean that it is wrong. And she was fed vegetables and fruit three times throughout that day and I tried the bottle several times and she would not take it. WE are just trying to raise her the best we can, and I think we are doing a very good job. We did absolutely nothing wrong here and it is unfair that any of this is happening.