Thursday, February 12, 2009

1 Year BFP Anniversary

*BFP means Big Fat Positive*

Today is the 1 year anniversary of when I found out I was pregnant with my beautiful daughter Delilah. I can't believe I was pregnant at this time last year & now here I am with my little munch who completes our lives.

I really feel like I owe a big thank you to one of the girls on my one board. Her name is Brianna & without her immense knowledge & guidance regarding PCOS and trying to conceive. I wouldn't be here today (even though John had something to do with this too hehe). When I was seeing the fertility dr., he put me on 50 mg. of Clomid initially. I was instructed to take the Clomid & to later come in for bloodwork. If I didn't ovulate on 50 mg. then I would be switched to 100 mg of Clomid. If I did ovulate on 50 mg. of Clomid then we would just try 50 mg. again. Now, I did ovulate on 50 mg. of Clomid but it wasn't a strong ovulation. However, the dr. wasn't going to increase my Clomid dosage. Also my luteal phase was only 10 days (which I read could impact getting pregnant because an egg implants at 7-10 days past ovulation & 10 days is on the short side). Anyway, my friend Brianna encouraged me to call the dr. & request that he increase my dose of Clomid to 100 mg and to also ask for prometrium to help lengthen my luteal phase. I did. And by the 3rd cycle of trying to conceive (1 cycle of 50 mg. of Clomid and 2 cycles of 100 mg. of Clomid with 2 rounds of prometrium) we were blessed. So thank you Brianna for encouraging me to be an advocate for my own TTC journey.

Here are some pics of Delilah from the other day playing with the monkey that another friend of mine from the same board, Jenn, got her for a babyshower gift...



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she looks like John's mini-me lol she is so adorable!! Isn't it amazing to remember the day that forever changed your life. On my one year anniversary i was a wreck. Anything XJ did deserved an award lol. they are such blessings and I would do the fight all over again to have him in my arms. There are no words for the love i have for him.

I love Delilah's monkey too, I a monkey lover! Anytime i see one, i buy it!!

Ashley Rawlings said...

Wow, I can't believe its been a whole year since I received that email with a BFP saying I was going to be an Auntie! What an awesome Valentine's Day gift for you two :)

You know I'm a sucker for monkeys... especially since I have two of my own ;) hehe.

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's Jenny from OSNS.....

very nice blog.. board.. page..

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I love it. Looks like the monkey goes great with her blanket. So glad she likes it. (I hope it matches her clock, that's why I bought it :) )