Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Ba- Part II

~Edit: I wanted to wait to talk to my mom. When I'm at an indecision she's pretty good at making up my mind for me LoL I pretty much had decided that I wanted to ask for the 1 month I have left of my allotted time (I keep saying ask for it but really I'm entitled to it). Mom suggested writing a letter & sending it snail mail. That way I won't have to deal with the ogre named J. I don't know why but this guy intimidates me & is kind of scary. I hate feeling the way I do... I shouldn't have to feel afraid to tell them I want that extra month to spend with my family. I know I overthink things and I'll be a mess after I send the letter but like my mom said tonight- I have to stop worrying, things will work out (you'd think I'd know that by now!).~
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday we tried the bottle again & Delilah did pretty well. She didn't complain, she didn't get upset & she even sucked on it some. I think it won't be very long before she completely gets it. I'm so proud of her!

She's mastered rolling over from tummy to back but hasn't quite gotten back to tummy yet. She's working on it though & seems to get a little closer each time she tries. She doesn't seem to know what to do with her arm though & that's stopping her from going on her side to complete the roll.

John asked me yesterday if I could request another month off from work. As silly as this sounds, while I really would love to do that, I'm afraid to ask. I mean, the worst they could say is no (which they really can't do because according to the Union contract I am entitled to 6 months and I've only taken 5). They weren't happy with me taking 6- what I was going to take originally- and so because I thought I was going to be getting this promotion promised to me, I cut it down. Yea, just by 1 month but I wasn't going to sacrifice a large chunk of my time with my daughter for them. Family comes first & they don't get that there.. even though they have families of their own. They are men though so what else could I expect? I'm torn by what I want to do and what I'm afraid to ask for :-(


Pappy Hans

Grammy Hans

Daddy playing around with the camera

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would ask for the time off, you won't know until you ask right ?

Delilah looks FAB !

Rebecca said...

Yeah for the bottle! I'd ask for the time off.

Morgan Owens said...

I agree with Dot and Rebecca, take the time off! You said so yourself, family is more important! It's not like they can fire you over it or anything b/c you could literally sue the hell out of them for that!

Ashley Rawlings said...

You know my thoughts on this... and as you said, family is more important :)