Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Food Fun

Last night we gave Delilah her first "solid" food... rice cereal. Now, I now you're supposed to wait until your pediatrician gives you the go ahead (about 4 months) but ours technically did. Delilah has had problems with spitting up after her feedings. Even if she's burped after the feeding she'll still regurgitate immediately after or even hours later. Anyway, Dr. M said we could put rice cereal in her bottle. That'd probably work a lot better if she took to the bottle more willingly but she doesn't so I figured, what the heck? Off we went to Walmart to buy cute bowls & spoons to feed her with and home we came to use them. She did very well for it being her first time & took to the spoon pretty decently. Below are some pics of her enjoying her first meal of rice cereal.

Yesterday morning I was sitting with Delilah in the bedroom. While entertaining herself she spotted the ribbon on my night shirt & grabbed it. She decided it looked like a tasty treat which made me decide to invest in a taggies stuffed animal. I never would've known about these if it wasn't for Delilah's Auntie Ashley (who is coincidentally my best friend... she bought Landon the cutest taggies dinosaur). Although I think $16 is a bit steep to pay for a stuffed animal with random ribbon tags on it, I got it in my mind to buy it & darn it that's what I was going to do! Below are pics of her new taggies giraffe (and some after bath pics :-) )

Before (I know, no bumbos on high surfaces ~but~ I was sitting right there)


The first bite!



Mmm...


Helping mom feed me


My new taggies alligator, er rhino, er Giraffe (Daddy can't keep it straight! ;-) )
Thanks Auntie Ashley for introducing mommy to these!!



Freshly bathed

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can take a decent pic or two (0nly took me "several" tries)! Could you print this one out for me - the one where you're holding Delilah? I want to compare it to the one we have of you about this age with the hooded towel.

Ashley Rawlings said...

Yay for 1st solids! It looks like she had no problem with that at all. Hopefully it helps her spitting up issue a bit.

She likes that taggie, huh? They are a genies invention... too bad I didnt think of them ;)

I was going to say something to you about the 1st time she has rice cereal if you wanted me to take some pics... I love the ones I have of Landon's first goopy bites :) Your mom did a good job though too ;)

Liz said...

Mom- Sure will! (You did just fine when you figured out it was on video mode! ;-) )

Ash- She seems to like it. It is too bad you didn't think of it. You'd be rolling in the dough! LoL Actually John took the pics of the rice cereal escapade & mom did the bathtime ones :-)