I love it when a friend meets Delilah for the first time. I love seeing the reaction they have- especially when they hold her for the first time. And even more so if they're not used to holding children. There's this fear- you can almost smell it LoL Not that I wasn't the same way before. I didn't know the "right" way exactly to hold a kid. And I always thought something was wrong with me because they'd cry. John's niece Abby cried, Shawn cried... Landon didn't- although Landon had been out in the world for a few hours & was tired from all the excitement. I must excuse Shawn from this "classification" because he was fresh out of the proverbial oven. Lots going on for that little man. Nothing is more special than being a part of a birth & seeing that little life coming out. I got to experience that with my best friend & she, for the most part, got to experience it with me. I would've loved to experience pushing Delilah out & having John, Ashley & my mom there. But Delilah was a stubborn one (still is!) and she decided she'd rather come out a different way. It was still special though :-)
Smell the fear ;-)

Freshly bathed

4 comments:
Haha... that is hilarious... the joy you get from instilling fear in those not seasoned in "Baby Holding 101."
Having you there for Shawn's birth was wonderful. You will always be able to tell your little "nephew"... I saw you into this world... little tush and all ;)
Thank you again, so much, for having me there through your labor with Delilah. Even though things took an unexpected turn, healthy mom and healthy baby was the greatest gift ;)
Smell the fear. Ha ha! :-P
Hey Williams family! Glad to hear everything is going so well with the little lady. She's a cutie! Liz, we'll have to get together for dinner soon! Love ya!
She looks mortified ! But I am sure she did well...cute pics !
Post a Comment