Saturday, March 28, 2009

Splish splash I was takin' a bath!

Every other night Delilah gets a bath. About a month after she was born was when she really started liking bath time & didn't cry for it. Ever since then she has enjoyed bath time & in the past few weeks she has discovered splashing. She loves to do it & has learned how to kick her legs harder, thus sending water splashing to the floor (we don't mind!). The other month I tried to give her a shampoo mohawk... that didn't work at all! But last night I tried again & was successful. We took pics to share but only got two good ones and a not so good one (daddy took that one).

~EDIT: I wanted to add more earlier but I forgot what I wanted to post LoL John graduated from McCann in January. He's been feeling really down about not getting called for interviews. There was this one place that he applied to that called him last Sunday to ask him a few questions. He called back Monday & the guy said that he would call during the week if he was interested in interviewing John. Friday rolled around & no call. So John & I were talking and he asked if I thought he should maybe try to go to Holsom (the bread factory). Holsom is a good place to work where you'll make a decent- no more than decent- living for this area. They have good insurance too. If he got a job there I wouldn't have to go back to work. Or well I wouldn't have to stay at work (it takes the insurance 6 months to kick in). Of course it would be a temporary job & he would still look for a job in his field. Ashley said her husband (also a Jon :-) ) would be able to put in a good word for John & that Jon is very highly thought of at Holsom (I wouldn't doubt it!). I asked her about it last night and to my disappointment the Holsom hiring boom has passed. We're too late. Of course we'll still try & John (upon Jon's advice) will bug the sh*t out of them. And Jon said he'd still put in a good word for John (thanks Jon! We appreciate it!!).

But I've come to the harsh realization that I will have to go back to work... for sure... no more being in denial. No more thinking that maybe, just maybe John will get a job before I'd have to go back. Time with Delilah is growing short & not that I wasn't before but I really need to live the time up that I have left with her (thank God it's still like a month!). I don't know if I can leave her.... I don't know how I can handle that... I don't know how John will be able to handle being alone with her (she doesn't take a bottle). I like ignorant bliss better than educated sorrow *sigh*



3 comments:

Mom said...

Ah, John did okay, it's all about the background. Anyway, it was really cool to be a part of the whole "indian" experience!!

And, what's this "discovered how to splash/learned how to kick her legs harder" thing? As if you and John didn't totally teach her how to do this!!?? I was there, I witnessed it (in real/live time)!!!

Ashley Rawlings said...

Look at that little hawk... darling!

You know Jon will do what he can with what "little" power he has. And don't forget, there are two plants that he has no clue on their hiring status right now ;)

Hopefully your stint back to work will be brief and you'll be able to get back home to your little girl quickly!

Anonymous said...

Baby D and XJ have or had the same tub!! We were using that for a while but now we have him in a bath seat b/c my boy kept trying to dive into the water lol!

How CUTE!!!