Monday, March 9, 2009

The time change sure did bring a change

The time change has seemed to discombobulate my daughter... the morning of the time change- around 7:00 a.m. Delilah decided she was going to get up. I let her lay in her pack n play for about a 1/2 hour while she talked/shrieked before I accepted she wasn't going to go back to sleep. Last night she was fine to put to sleep. This morning around 4:00 a.m. she decided she wasn't going to go back to sleep and I let her lay in her pack n play while she again talked/shrieked (mind you, I did try to tell her to go back to sleep both mornings & not pick her up). She would not go back to sleep and an hour later I was forced to pick her up & rock her until she was drowsy enough to put back down. Tonight was absolutely horrific. We haven't had this kind of time putting her to sleep since she was a new newborn. We lay her down & she started crying (about 7:00)... fast forward to through to 8:30/9:00, after multiple tries from both John & myself to get her to sleep & lay her down (no go), when I carried her back upstairs & put her down in her pack n play where she stayed asleep this time. I don't know what was wrong- maybe she didn't feel good, maybe it was because it wasn't dark in our room when we put her up to bed... who knows. All I know is that it may be time to put her in her room where we have roman blinds that make the room pitch black (of course we'll be adding in a nightlight that we've had in our room since she's been born).

Today we all hung out around the house until about 1:30 when I left to go get my hair done. I haven't been to the salon where I normally venture since before Delilah was born... unless you count the day my mom & I dropped John off for him to get his hair cut before heading back to her house (I didn't want to wait there for him with Delilah lest I had to feed her). Anyway, my roots were starting to super show & I figured that I wouldn't dye it myself any time soon because I haven't felt like it & I was lucky enough to get in to my star hair stylist today. I love how I feel when I leave. I love how my hair feels. I wish I could get my hair to look like it does when I leave there. I guess I could if I really tried but I don't own a hair dryer and probably won't invest in one. Tomorrow I'll be babysitting my two favoritest boys in the whole world, Shawn & Landon, while their mommy attends to some things in regards to her Nan who had surgery today (please keep her in your thoughts). Wednesday John & I are going to see Watchmen (yay!) while his parents watch Delilah for us. Thursday is her 4 month pediatrician appointment (more shots- boo!). Friday morning Ashley & I are possibly going to attempt Easter Photo Shoot 3 and will be catching a movie later in the day. Busy week!

Attack of Mr. Bumbo Head

Playing with the teether monkey Auntie Ashley got me

Mommy Loves Me & Petting the Pup

1 comment:

Ashley Rawlings said...

Aww, poor baby. Hopefully tonight she does better for you. Some kiddos have a hard time with that savings time change.

Very cute pics and I LOVE your hair! Chris did an awesome job as usual. I need to give Donna a call here very soon... its getting pretty bad lol.

Lets hope the 3rd and final shoot will be the ticket!

Thank you both again SOOOO much for watching the boys today so I could take Peeps up to see Nan. My grandparents both thank you so much as well. You two are AMAZING friends!