Last night Delilah was so tired that she went to bed without a fuss. In fact she was asleep before I lay her down. Around 12:00 this morning she woke up & started crying. I waited to see if she would go back to sleep but she didn't. I went in to comfort her & discovered that she had a wet diaper. Of course she wouldn't go back to sleep with one of those! After changing her I tried comforting her again but it wasn't working. I went back to bed & lay down hoping she'd drift off. No such luck. John came up for bed a little later & suggested I feed her. I didn't really want to do that because they say that they don't need that middle of the night feeding when they're 4 months & you could start a habit that'll be tough to break. That's what I ended up doing however, because she was hungry & of course I wouldn't deny her if she's truly hungry.
~Warning~ Poop post ahead :-D So Delilah doesn't have a BM every day... usually every other day. We know that she's getting ready to have one when her toots start getting stinky. Tonight after her last feeding, John was giving her belly farts before wrapping her up. She decided to reward his belly farts with real farts of her own. Those farts were ~so~ stinky & turned in to that "golden" poop. Boy was that stinky too! I don't think she's ever had that stinky of a BM ;-p She's taking after daddy not only in looks but also in stinkiness (well sometimes the stinkiness).
First veggie pictures



Video:

3 comments:
Listen to that girl eat LOL! That video was soooo cute and funny.
Landon & Delilah really were meant to be together, huh? Both of their first veggies were squash! ;) hehe.
By the pictures she sure seems to enjoy it :)
Liz-That is sooo cute! Squash wasn't Xavier's first veggie trial but now it's his favorite! Even if he full he will make sure he finishes it all up b/c he just loves it!!
She looks like she enjoyed it and Im sure once she gets more veggies those BM's will more often and frequent! Not to disgust but wait til they start looking like what you've just fed her ;-P
yep, that's what we're going through - the middle of the night feedings. And she's eating solids now as well. I am anticipating going through a few rough nights to get her off that feeding. We did it one night a few weeks ago and it worked for a few days, then she reverted back to the middle of the night wakeup. We're trying to decide whether to wait it out, and let her decide she doesn't need that feeding anymore, or take a proactive approach again.
Post a Comment