-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was talking to Ashley the other day about Delilah & her lack of taking a bottle. Ashley suggested that we try to get Delilah to take a bottle by refusing to breast feed her so that she has no other choice but to take a bottle. I knew that Ashley had a point, but I really didn't want to do it. I got to thinking though about how basically everything revolves around Delilah & whether she's been fed. I decided Ashley was right & something needed to be done. It would just be so much easier for John (and anyone that might watch her later) if she could take a bottle too. We were going to do it next weekend because I wanted my last weekend with her before I had to go back to work to be pleasant. But I realized that it would be better to do it now & not postpone it any longer.
So this morning was her last feeding from me and she has yet to eat... it's been 9 hours & 15 minutes... still no bottle. It's horrible- it's hard... but I haven't given in even though it breaks my heart to hear her cry like that. Please cross your fingers that she'll take a bottle by tonight (or earlier!!).
The other day we stopped in to Friendly's for some ice cream. Our very nice waiter brought Delilah a balloon- her very first!! Of course, we didn't get to get a picture & I'm not sure where the balloon disappeared to so I guess we won't be getting one. The same day Delilah tried applesauce... I was thinking that I didn't understand why they called it applesauce when bananas are just bananas. Well Auntie Ashley explained to me that they have applesauce ~and~ apples. Oops!
Yesterday we had Delilah's 6 month pictures done... we canceled with Sears and Auntie Ashley did them for us. Just the few that I got a preview of were fantastic! I am so excited to see how the rest of them turn out :-D Sears, eat your heart out! I think Ashley should give them creativity lessons!! LoL
~Update:
Well it only took 11 hours and 15 minutes but she finally took a bottle! We gave her a bath, took her upstairs for our bedtime feeding & story routine and it only got better from there. She still fought it at first... she made sure to let us know that even though she was giving in she still wasn't happy about it. She also didn't feed from it correctly. She had it on the side of her mouth & kind of chewed on it. But still still drank it! After she was done with the first 3 ounces I had John go and get another 2 ounces. He came back with that & she actually drank from the bottle correctly!! Now tomorrow morning we're going to start with John giving her the bottle and I won't be breast feeding her until tomorrow night. Wish us luck!!
Applesauce!


2 comments:
Since I know the conclusion to this story, I wont spoil the surprise ending :)
I'm excited to get on the rest of these pics :)
Beautiful Pics !
COngrats on standing your ground with the bottle situation.That must have been real hard !
Post a Comment