Tuesday, April 7, 2009

John's road rage

That's right- John has road rage... or so some random woman told us today. We were on our way home from my parents (Grammy Hans got home today so we went up to get her from Grandma Gerst's house to take her home and visit a little) and came upon the turn to go in to the Hol.su.m parking lot (we turn there to then go down our alley to the back of our house). Suddenly this woman in a big SUV pulls out in front of us from Race Street (on the left) and goes straight (in to the parking lot). And of course, she's on her cell phone. John kind of does this thing he does where he gets a little too close (which scares me like usual), beeps his horn, and swerves around her (she stopped dead in the middle of Hol.su.m parking lot) and flies in to the alley. He turns in to the alley & parks the car. She follows us in to the alley. I say "Great." thinking 'O boy she's going to start screaming at us.'

She rolls down her window & at first is apologizing. She's not from around here, she thought it was a 4 way stop (it's not), and she's lost (there's a detour thing going on). John's like "That's ok. No problem" when she says "I don't appreciate the road rage." Oo boy- she shouldn't have said that! He starts yelling "Get the f*ck out of here!" And I'm saying to her "We have a BABY in the car!". In the midst of that she's saying she has two kids in the car and could we at least give her directions. John takes Delilah in to the house & I reluctantly go over to give her directions (I'm too nice to just walk away & leave her... and normally John would be too but she ~really~ pissed him off). I give her directions & she adds in again how she didn't appreciate blah, blah, blah... I ignored it.

We're lucky she didn't have a gun or something (because you never know!) and vice versa.

Ashley's right- I am going to get myself shot one day LoL

2 comments:

Ashley Rawlings said...

I almost didnt comment on this blog since there are no PICTURES woman! ;)

What a ninny... she needs to learn to drive and pay attention to what she's doing instead of her cell phone!

Misty Dawn said...

I'm not a confrontational person and would NEVER approach a stranger. GEEZ crazy lady! She must have a death wish!