Sunday, April 26, 2009

1 step forward, 2 BIG steps back

So after last night I thought, rather foolishly, that this morning would be a piece of cake with Delilah taking the bottle. Yea... no.... now I know she only took it once yesterday & she needs to keep practicing so it's not like I'm losing hope but I was just a little overly optimistic ;-)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So this afternoon I ended up giving in... that being said though, she ~had~ taken about 2 ounces of a bottle earlier so it's not like she didn't eat until then & I just gave in. Now, the reason I gave in is because it was ~sooo~ hot today & she had very little wet diapers. The last thing I wanted was a dehydrated baby. After we got home from my parents I tried to give her another bottle. I told her that if she took a bottle now I'd b. feed her later. That didn't work LoL So at bedtime we tried a bottle again... she would not take it. She was upset & just cried. Eventually- about an hour later- I ended up feeding her on the one side. I know that I didn't make it any easier after today & it'll probably be a lot harder now but like I said, I didn't want a dehydrated baby. If the weather was like yesterday I wouldn't have been giving in.

On another note- I go back to work tomorrow *insert hysterically sobbing emoticon here* I don't want to go back & I pray that John's right... he'll get a job & I'll get to leave. I said last night that I would live in this house forever if it meant getting to stay home with Delilah (at least until she's of school age). Wish me luck with my first day back tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ashley Rawlings said...

Oh hunny... I wish I could win the lottery and give you guys enough to have you set for life! Then you both could always be home with your baby girl!

You guys did the right thing for sure... dehydration isn't something you want, that's for sure!

Mom said...

Good luck on your first day back. Call me if you need to talk.

And you absolutely did the right thing...you didn't give in, you're a most excellent mommy!!!